At NARA, we represent our members’ interests to regulatory and other governmental agencies, promote the greater use of animal by-products, and foster the opening and expansion of trade between foreign buyers and North American exporters.
We have been providing services, programs and technical support to the North American rendering industry in the national and international markets since 1933.
Advancing the Future for Rendering and Rendered Products
- NARA staff works with the government and regulatory bodies on key issues including food safety, ingredient definitions, biodiesel, market development, transportation, and sustainability
- The Animal Protein Producers Industry (APPI) program promotes production of safe animal by-products through Code of Practice Training and biosecurity testing programs
- The International Market Development Committee (IMDC) expands foreign markets and supports global regulatory efforts
- NARA’s communications program produces online and social media content, printable fact sheets and infographics, and crisis communications plans.
- Technical resources keep our members abreast of emerging technologies, important industry trends, regulations, accreditation and advances in rendering
- Meetings provide NARA members with the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with renderers, equipment and service suppliers, and end users of rendered products